click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion

Old 06-11-2020, 07:56 PM   #10441
OldBiker

Removed the ThrottleMeister lock and adjusted the clutch.
OldBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:57 PM   #10442
oldjeep

Looked at it longingly while working on the stupid Suzuki again.
http://www.oldjeep.com
oldjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:16 PM   #10443
sloowpoke

...for the third consecutive day, I rode it.

I really need to scrub the slime off the porch ramp, so I don't have to wait for the wood to dry out completely before trying to get the bike down it. When it rained off & on every day for two weeks, I didn't get to ride between showers. Now that the tractor is on the porch so I can work on it, I'll be riding daily again but it may be a while before I get the grass cut :-)
sloowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #10444
oldjeep

Just about dumped it. Took off for an early morning ride on my favorite local road - Sibly Co Rd 6. The county decided to fix the road by filling all the cracks with some super slippery crack filler. The back end skitching out a few inches on a corner suddenly sure wakes me up. Don't have the experience for that, luckily it stuck and I slowed it down for the rest of the run to Henderson.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:40 AM   #10445
OldBiker

Cleaned the bike. Sprayed the plastics with Pledge.

Now it has that nice lemony scent.
OldBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:15 AM   #10446
bplaxton

replaced the sprockets (stuck with OEM 17/45) and chain (DID 530) - thanks PJ! First replacement since new, 2006 with 61,000km. Chain was definitely done, needed to adjust sag every other fill. Rear sprocket like new. Front sprocket showed some 'hooking' wear.
2006 shift red, TBR slip-on, cat gutted, modded flies, lars airbox, Ivan's ECU flash and map, DJ PCIII, AIS block, Blind Spot's fuel line, EXUP eliminator, speedohealer, ventura tail rack, HID conversion, throttlemeister bar ends, yamaha gel seat, Watsen Design signals, Satan666 adaptor & R1 shock, Fen Tubo SS lines.
bplaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:39 PM   #10447
Catus

Ordered some items -

front pads because I need them, mirrors & screen because of that deer I hit a while back. Looking forward to ride to the mountains in a couple weeks.
Catus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:01 PM   #10448
Dean Dinnetz

Pulled the ol' 2002 FZ1 out of a pals garage. Been starting it in place for a few months, but decided it was time to air it out. The ol' wreck now has 128,693 miles on it, but it fired right up, as usual. I do keep it on a battery tender at said garage.

Decided whilst I have it at my residence, I would change out all the instrument bulbs for led units. Took me awhile as some I put in needed to be turned 180 degrees, to obtain correct polarity.

I noticed that with the engine off, and ign. switch turned on, the tachometer needle would go to the 7K mark. Hmm, methinks it is time to check the exup valve in the header. Yep, stuck open, and out of adjustment. Was wondering why when the bike was cold, first running, it would not run cleanly. The exup valve, was locked open.

Took a correct size twist drill, and locked in that "U" shaped piece of the valve, in place. Loosened both cables, and slowly tightened them to where they should be. Tiny, tiny, bit of slack. Fired up the bike with the drill removed, to see if the valve returned correctly after shutting off the engine, to where it was with the drill bit in place.
Had to adjust both cables a couple times to get that valve perfectly in place, but now all is where it should be. Pleased as punch, I am! Wish I could adjusted my cables, in my 75 year old body! lol!

So, yet another day of working on a bike. Nice way to spend ones retirement. Tomorrow we go for a ride, and see how the ol' device runs. This one and my 2001 FZ1, are the best bikes I have ever owned. And I have owned over forty of the things in fifty six years! lol!

Dean
Dean Dinnetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:09 PM   #10449
oldjeep

Nothing lately but riding it, filling it with gas and cleaning all the bugs off of it.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:03 AM   #10450
oldjeep

Put another 250 or so miles on it yesterday with a run down the river to Wabasha and back up the WI side. Nice day with a lot of bikes on the road, need to get the rides in while we still can.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:35 AM   #10451
bradd
Working away

Yesterday I changed the oil, washed it, filled up the tank, put seafoam in it.

I'll probably put it in the storage garage next weekend. Looks like temps are dropping again after this weekend and probably not coming back up. So I'll probably only be riding the FJR until the snow flies. Which if it is like last year will only be 2 more weeks.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:31 AM   #10452
oldjeep

I hope it is more than 2 weeks, but never can tell.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #10453
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

Rode with friends last weekend. Perfect fall weather for camping, riding, and good friends.

Then bought another Gen I today, a skunk this time. Oldest will get to ride this one.
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- Penske 8987 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - LED headlights- Carbon airbox covers- Fehling engine case guards (footrests!)- MRA Vario shield -
iluvmyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:50 PM   #10454
_Will_

oil change and a bath last weekend, gave it a couple of coats of the hybrid solutions wax. It's supposed to make clean up a breeze, even put it on a towel and did the swing arm. The color on the tank looks awesome, we'll see how the longevity is for water beading.
_Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #10455
bradd
Working away

Swear I posted this the other day but don't see it anymore.
Washed the FZ, changed the oil, filled the tank and put sea foam in it

Put it in storage for the winter. I'll still be riding but I think with the weather cooling down this week the time for the FZ is over.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:07 AM   #10456
KBay84

I can see your original post for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradd View Post
Swear I posted this the other day but don't see it anymore.

“Try to fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not prove they are a citizen.”

Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum
KBay84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Misc FZ1-Related Discussion